Tuesday, April 22, 2008

How Many Days to Freedom?

I hate to admit it but I am a whiner when it comes to my job. Or so some would say. I want to quit my job so I complain about it, because I actaually believe that life is too short to spend it doing things you don't really want to do, and going to work eats up a good portion of my life at present. Its not that I really hate the work I do, I don't. I work with great people. I have nice benefits and the salary is not bad either, so most people would say I should be grateful for what I've got. What I don't like is the absolute boredom of knowing how each day is going to unfold. My job controls my time, and that is something I just cannot reconcile. I want to control my time and what I do with it. I want to be free to do what I want when I want where I want for as long as I want with whomever I want. I just have not figured out a way to do that yet, so I ask the question: How many days to my personal freedom? How can I get out of this? My life is so predictable and I just can't live like this without feeling like the walking dead. Is there anyone out there who relates to what I am saying? Why do so many poeple settle for a life of preparing for retirement?

No comments: