Saturday, November 15, 2008

Affiliate Income

I got my first affiliate check! It was only for $7.19, but I was surprised to get it in the mail. It was from LinkShare.com which is one of the largest online affiliate managers. If you don't know what affiliate income is, it is passive income (great!) earned by promoting the products of others, ususally, and in this case, online. Linkshare manages hundreds of advertisers and affiliates. Its free to join, and easy to create links, which are embedded with a tracking ID that relates back to the affiliate. (me, in this case). So how did I do it? A long time ago I created a page on squidoo on my passion for growing iris. You can check it out here: www.squidoo.com/iristalk. Well, someone managed to land on my page and purchased some bulbs through Dutch Gardens, one of the companies manaaged by Linkshare, and whose link I placed on my iris page. So...buoyed by the realization that I acrually can make some extra money to pay for my vacation home, I created another page that you can check out here: www.squidoo.com/ThePretendersChrissieHynde . Its really fun to make pages, or a "lens" as they say on squidoo, and what the heck, if you can make a few bucks, why not? Check it out. Also, I found a good site on affiliate income. http://www.affiliateconfession.com/

No comments: