Monday, May 19, 2008

Vision vs Goals....and a Dream I Had

Well, I got derailed for awhile by some of life's drama and have not posted since May 5th! So I am now back in action and hope to keep my focus on my goals in order to obtain my vision!

So what is the difference between your vision and your goals? This is another thing to ponder from Chapter 4 of Trump University Wealth Building 101: Your First 90 Days on the Path to Prosperity (Trump University) Simply put, your vision is a clear picture of how you want something to look, such as your financial future or your future lifestyle, and goals are the steps you need to take along the road to accomplish it. So you have to have a clear vision of what you want to acccomplish. Apparently it helps to write it out and focus on it as often as possible. My vision is to have the financial freedom to work for the joy of what I do, not because I have to or because I am tied to the paycheck. I want to be able to maybe go back to flying airplanes or just work in the garden and travel when I want. I want the freedom to take off and drive up to the river without feeling like I am not getting my "days off" chores done. So I have the vision-now I just need to find the plan and set goals that will get me there. Hopefully fast, like in the next two years.

On to my dream...during all this drama I've had recently I had a dream about missing a math class in High School. I've had this dream before. In the dream, I am remorseful about never having shown up for a math class. I knew I probably failed because I never went and therefore never did any work for it. Occasionally I will dream that I signed up again to repeat the class, but then fail to show up a second time. But this time the theme was a bit different. I was re-enrolled and trying to do a math problem for homework. But I kept getting waylaid by other things, or losing the paper, or just not being able to concentrate. I finally got focused enough to know that it was a simple rate X time = distance problem and that I should be able to do it rather easily. Then I woke up. I wondered for days what this dream was trying to tell me and then I figured out that the whole dream reflected exactly what I was going through, and that there was a message in there for me. The rate at which you work times the time you put in equals how far you are going to go. So I need to work smarter and more efficiently at my goals, and put more time into accomplishing what I need to do and I will go alot farther down the path to financial and job freedom. And not let myself get waylaid with other distractions.

No comments: